So, 10 years ago, I started my Senior year of high school. That fact has kind of made me be a little nostalgic lately. As many of you know, I take great pride in the fact that I was a cheerleader in high school. So, to re-live the glory days a little bit, I pulled out my very purple BVNW cheerleader uniform to see if I could still fit into it for the Trunk-or-Treat at church on Saturday night. Surprisingly, I was able to shimmy my way into it (getting it off was a completely different creative story). As I piled the kids into the car I proudly stated, "This is my uniform from high school, and I still fit into it 10 years LATER!" Alicia says with only Alicia attitude, "ugh, that means you haven't GROWN." Like, hello, why would you be proud of that, mom??? To which I said, "uh, hello, that's the point!" One day maybe she'll understand! Although, I will say that after on a few hours, my waist was screaming to be let free!!! It doesn't fit like it used to, but at least I got in ON, right??? (by the time we took these pictures, I had gotten cold, and put the jacket on over...I am wearing a very snug top under that oversized jacket)

The Trunk-or-Treat was a lot of fun. There was a Spook Ally, a cake walk, hot dogs, and of course, trunk-to-trunk Trick-or-Treating. Alicia is a Diner Girl, and Addi is a 50's girl (both costumes compliments of my mom) this year and they both looked super cute. Alicia refused to put a jacket on in the 40 degree weather for fear of covering up her outfit..... Tristan was about to walk out the door without the slightest bit of a costume and I told him if he was planning on asking for candy he'd better dress up as something, so he tied a bandanna around his face and carried a little water gun...I suppose he was a bank robber.

The high point of the evening was when I was asked to participate in a little competition (of course no one told me what the competition was until it was too late). Four adults were lined up in front of donuts dangling by a string and were told to eat the donut without using our hands. First one to eat all the donut without it falling on the ground wins. Well, of course I ended up with the donut on the shortest string and couldn't barely reach it, even on my tippy toes. It was quite a sight. At about the point of the picture to the left, I looked over and saw that my opponent (a man dressed up in his wife's clothes...you can see his painted fingernails in the picture below) only had one little bite left on his donut, so being the cheerleader that I am, I started fighting him with my Pom Poms to try to buy me some more time. It didn't work, he still won.


2 comments:
way to go katie - i bet it felt AWESOME to slide that thing on. i always dream of doing the same with my wedding dress. it'll have to be a few months before i try though....hee hee.
Shut UP! Did you see my cheer halloween pics too? Ryan and I were "vampire" cheerleader and lacrosse player. It was fun! You look so cute!
Post a Comment