CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween

I've been a bit behind with my Halloween spirit. On Wednesday, I realized we didn't even have pumpkins to carve, and if we were going to do it, we needed to do it that night since Tristan had a game on Thursday and then Halloween was on Friday. So, Addi and I went out to a little road-side pumpkin stand to pick out 4 big pumpkins, then came home and finally put up our Halloween decorations. Pathetic, I know, but the whole trip to Florida totally threw me off my game. 
Wednesday night, we had a great time carving pumpkins. Addi wasn't too interested in doing much with the pumpkins this year, but she enjoyed watching the process. Tristan still has his aversion to pumpkin guts, so I agreed to clean out a pumpkin if he would carve it. Although, I only agreed to that because I really wanted the seeds out of all the pumpkins so I could roast them, but didn't want to carve all of them. In the end, we were both satisfied, so everyone wins, right??


L-R Alicia's, mine, Tristan's
My Inspiration: so I decided to do a BYU pumpkin because as I dropped Addi off at Megan's house this week for play group, I noticed a pumpkin with a large "U" on it. They are huge U of U fans, so I decided it was my duty to defend BYU (even though I didn't even go there...my husband did, but I was the one with season tickets to the football games for 2 out of the 3 years  I lived in Provo...I don't think he even went to 1).
Since Addi wasn't into the pumpkins, I decided to do a sticker pumpkin with her. 


Friday afternoon Daniel and I took the kids to a nursing home to visit with the residents. My friend, Alli, arranged for a big group of us from church to go up there with our kids. The residents loved all the kids in their costumes. Tristan and Addi were a bit timid, but Alicia was all over the place making new friends. I think it was a good experience for all of them.

After that, we ate dinner at a friend's house and then Daniel took the kids with the other husbands out trick-or-treating in their neighborhood since the houses are closer together than in our neighborhood. I sat with the other ladies out in the driveway around a little portable fire pit handing out candy. The kids were happy with their loot and have been eating candy like crazy. We hope everyone else had a happy and safe Halloween!!!

1 comments:

delunt said...

Cute pumpkins, except for the one in the middle. What a disaster! I would have thrown that one away. It would have been perfect without the B and the Y. If you would like, next year I can show you how its done.