CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Our Weekend

Daniel worked a 24-hour shift at the hospital yesterday, and it is always hard for me to get motivated to do anything out of the house when he isn't home on the weekends. I watched my friend's (Amber) 3 boys in the morning while her and her husband ran the Music City 1/2 Marathon (crazies). While I admire those who run, it is not something I ever desire to do. I have a hard time understanding it...I'd rather do Zumba, weight lifting, or some serious kickboxing for a work out, but whatever....  

Late Saturday morning, Munni called me to invite me to go downtown with a few other families to the International Festival at Centennial Park (where the Parthenon is). I heavily debated whether I "felt" like going. I'm such a bum on the weekend when Daniel is working!!! But I got myself together and took the kids. We had a good time just enjoying the fabulous weather and immersing ourselves in lots of "culture." I always laugh when I go out with my friends because I am always the minority. Kathy is Chinese, Munni is Indian, and my kids are African American. So Addi is the only white kid...it's pretty amusing.
(Alicia going back to her roots by beating on the drums)
(Addi LOVED the ducks)

Tonight we went over to Kathy and Brian's for dinner. I drove over, but Daniel and the kids walked (it's about 1.2 miles). Addi was determined to ride her bike (we had the tragic accident a few months ago of Addi's beautiful red Radio Flyer tricycle left behind the car and Daniel backed up over it...it was bent beyond repair and Addi was traumatized, so Daniel went to Wal-Mart to get a new one and instead decided to buy her a "big girl bike" which she LOVES and was 1/2 the price of a tricycle). That's a long way for a 2 year old, and those of you that have been to my house know that there are lots of Tennessee hills in my neighborhood. But Addi has definitely inherited my determination because Daniel said he had to work to keep up and she didn't quit peddling until she was up Kathy and Brian's driveway. She was worn out!
(I don't normally have my daughter wear rain boots with capri pants...they were just the most convenient shoes at the time! ha ha hah!! This picture was actually taken a few nights ago.)

Then come to find that Amber and I show up to dinner wearing the same shirt! And since Amber's hair is what inspired me to cut (although she is growing out her bangs) and darken mine, we looked like little twiners!! Aren't we cute???

2 comments:

Cardalls said...

I'm impressed with Addi's strength and endurance on the bike. I guess she has 2 older siblings to keep up with. I still can't get Lily to peddle her bike. Seth claims the bike is "broken" somehow, but I don't know...

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Katie you are SO pretty. Tristan is a soccer stud!