CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 03, 2008

Missing My Hubby

So this is the lovely research poster Daniel has been hard at work on for the past month or so.I have no idea what it's about...I couldn't even pronounce the title correctly. It's a good thing one of us is highly educated. He's also been working some pretty hard, long hours, and in his free time he's been either sleeping or working on this. Basically, he's been around, but not really. These are the times that I miss him the most. If he would just be gone all the time for a week, I think I could handle it better. But when he's home, but not accessible (because he's sleeping or researching) I find it really taxing after a while.

Here's the bright side. In 2 weeks Daniel is presenting this poster at a conference in Orlando....Vanderbilt is kindly funding his trip. Sooooo, we thought it a perfect opportunity to make a trip out of it. My mom is coming to watch the kids for 5 days while Daniel and I go on the first trip we've taken alone together since our honeymoon. I was thinking about it the other day...our first date was October 16, 1999 (I think)...NINE years ago! We leave for Orlando October 18, so it's kind of like a celebration of our first date! 

The even better part of this whole deal is that Daniel has a week of vacation before we leave! So we get to have him really home for a week, and then I get him all to myself for 5 days! I don't think Daniel comprehends how excited I am! I've been just a touch lonely....but it's okay...we only have to survive for 1 more week before it's time to PARTY!

1 comments:

Judi said...

I feel your pain :).

But how fun to go on a five day get-away just the two of you! We've been married 13 years and have yet to do that. So good for you! Will Dan have free time while you are there?