CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 09, 2008

L-E-T-S G-O TRISTAN!!!!

This week Tristan had soccer try-outs for the school team. I had not put him in the county soccer league this fall because I knew he wanted to try-out for the school team, and I didn't want him to get overly busy, so I crossed my fingers really hard that he would make the team. It was a 3 day try-out and these were his comments each day.

Monday: "We had to run a lot. I think I have a good shot at making the team."
Tuesday: "I don't know...I don't think I'm going to make it."
     my response: "Well, don't just stop trying because even if you don't make the team, then you know you did your best and maybe the coaches will remember you when you try out next year."
***He was really sore this day from all the running, so I introduced him to the beauty of Advil.
Wednesday: "I'm not sure, but I think I made it. If I don't come home on the bus tomorrow, than you know I've made the team because we have practice until 4:15."
     my response: "Whether you make it or not, I'm real proud of you for trying. 'Cause you know, the first time I tried out for the cheerleading squad, I didn't make it. But the next time I tried out, I knew what to expect and did much better, then I made the squad."

I'm sure it's needless to say, but Tristan did make the soccer team. He is so excited and wanted to call Daniel right away when we got home. There were about 45 kids that tried out and only 22 made the team. His school is grades 6-8 and he said there were about 7 6th graders that made the team; 4 of which are "managers" who end up helping the coaches more and supposedly play less (Tristan wasn't picked to be one of those...I'm not really sure what all that means, but hopefully that means he will actually get to play). He also said that each practice begins with a 2.5 mile run. Glad it's him and not me!!! Anyway, I am super happy for him. GO TRISTAN!
 

1 comments:

Cardalls said...

Congrats to Tristan! That is a great accomplishment for a 6th grader! The pictures remind me that he isn't the little 9-year-old any more. He is looking so grown-up!