CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

me, Zoe, Yvonne, Rachel, Amber & Munni

As I have mentioned before, I have an amazing group of friends here in Tennessee. There must be about 12-15 of us that just love to get out and do things together. Of course, not all of us can get together every time something is planned, but it is always an open invitation. One of our favorite things to do is to go to the late showing of a movie. We put our kids to bed, and in my case, my husband too, and then head to the theatre to watch a chick flick. 

Another favorite thing to do is to go downtown to The Stage (a local honky tonk) where they always have live music. My favorite band is Savannah Jack (I might be a bit biased because I'm good friends with Alli, and it is her husband who is a member of the trio).... There is always a bunch of us that love to go dancing. Mike, Alli's husband, and Don (lead singer) write all of their songs and they are amazing! Kenny Rogers just recorded and released on his new CD one of their songs ("Somethings Wrong in Vegas"). If you click on the link for Kenny Rogers, you can hear the song on his website (although I'm partial to the Savannah Jack version which you can hear on their website). If you click on the link for Savannah Jack you can even buy one of their CD's which is full of their original songs. I'm telling you...it will be the best $15 you ever spent on a CD. They have amazing harmonies and their songs are SO good...I'm serious.

So anyway...back to my point. Last night I went to the late show at the movies with the girls. I won't even tell you what movie we saw, because I wasn't very impressed. But regardless, that is my first favorite thing...and then after the movie, being the crazy girls we are, we decided on the spur of the moment to head downtown for an hour of dancing because Savannah Jack was playing at The Stage!!!! We had so much fun! We had also gone last Friday night to see them play, but we can never seem to get enough! 

After the show on Friday Night
back: Amber, Alli, Mike, Zoe, Rachel
front: Munni, Me, Yvonne

Like I've said, I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS EVER!!!!

0 comments: