CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Play Group

Adelaide is in an organized play group with 3 of her friends from church. They meet every Tuesday and Thursday morning for 2 1/2 hours and they rotate houses each week. This week it was our turn to host play group. We do a little bit of playing, reading books, singing songs, creating crafts, and practicing taking turns. For our craft on Tuesday, I got brown grocery bags for the kids to paint using sponges and brushes. I cut a head and 2 arm holes in the bag, so after they decorated it, they could wear their art. They had a blast! And it wasn't too hard to keep them pretty clean. We did it outside and I just put oversized t-shirts on them and made sure I had a bucket of soapy water close by. I realize this could have been a nightmare and a disaster, but the kids in the group are all really great kids, and I would definitely do it again. Unfortunately one of our members, Owen, was sick on Tuesday so that's why there are only 3 kids in the pictures.

Little artists hard at work.

Say, "cheese!"

Modeling their artwork. Kaylie, Addi, and Ryan. You wouldn't know it from this picture, but they really did have a good time!

1 comments:

Judi said...

Great idea! We will have to try that out! Paint is always a hit here at our house!