Call me crazy, but I'm opening up my backyard and home to potentially a few hundred people next weekend for a HUGE fundraiser for the Vanderbilt International Anesthesia group. Basically, this group organizes residents to go to Kenya to train and certify native Kenyan nurses in providing safe surgical care. Daniel is involved in this group and is planning to spend a month in Kenya next year. I think it is a wonderful program as it is in line with the teaching of the Chinese proverb, "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime." Anyway, since we were having a party/fundraiser, I told Daniel that we of course needed to have Savannah Jack come play in our very own backyard! We got lucky that they were in town that weekend and available to play. Daniel has invited the neighbors to help cushion any concerns about parking and noise, so hopefully there won't be too many issues. This started out as an anesthesia resident pig roast (totally no big deal...we tend to host at least one resident party a year), and somehow escalated into a huge fundraising event with invites reaching about 400 people. I'm kind of freaking out...hence the 2 am posting of this blog. But I know the more people that come, the more we will raise for this cause, so that is my consolation. So, if you're in town and want to go to an awesome party...come on by! Wish me luck ya'll!!!!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
holy crap. im totally stressing out for you. 400 people! please please tell my you aren't responsible for the food.
NOOO...Vanderbilt is paying to have it catered....thank heavens!!!!!
Post a Comment