Friday night and Saturday during the day I went to "Time Out for Women" with a bunch of my girlfriends. It is basically a women's conference put on by Deseret Book (an LDS bookstore) that tours around the U.S. and Canada. It is packed full of different speakers and inspirational music. Five of my girlfriends really made a weekend of it and got a hotel room in Nashville Friday night. I wasn't able to do that with them, but it was a great weekend reguardless, and I felt spiritually fed and uplifted. And can I say one more time...I have the best Tennessee girlfriends!!

Laura, Shannon and Munni with Kenneth Cope (a very famous LDS musician/song writer). He performed a lot on Friday night. He was a little taken back by Munni's invitation to come with us to The Stage after the conference to see the tail end of Savannah Jack's show. I think he thought she was asking him out...but you have to know Munni...she just wanted to help give him a sense of the music scene in Nashville. She loves including everyone in everything. She is the most giving and service oriented person I know. But, it was pretty funny.

Shannon, Cheiko Okazaki (keynote speaker Friday night), me, and Yvonne. Chieko is such a great speaker. She talked about teaching our children correct principles, then letting them govern themselves (which I often find very difficult to do as I am often too impatient).

At the confernce on Saturday.
L-R Janell, Bethany, Me, Kathy, Laura, Yvonne, and Shannon

At dinner Saturday night after the conference. Note our Twilight t-shirts....super cute. Red Eyes with "Newborn" and gold eyes with "Vegetarian".
Around the table L-R Rachel, Laura, Shannon, Kathy, Megan, Munni, Me, Yvonne.

2 comments:
Did you see Cindy there? I think she told me she was going with her mom and sister.
It looks like you had a great time at Time Out.
No, I didn't see her there. I had no idea she was coming up!!! Bummer.
Post a Comment