CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Celebrity Sighting

Living in Nashville, it is common to see faces from the country music scene...and occasionally a Hollywood actor or actress. I have friends that have seen Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, Sara Evans, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill....you get the point. I have lived here for over 2 years and still had not had a celebrity sighting....until this past Tuesday night!

So a few of my girlfriends and I went dancing on Tuesday night at The Stage, where Savannah Jack was playing. Keep in mind that Wednesday night (the following night) was the CMA awards, so Broadway Street was hopping with people. It is common for the band to ask us to walk around with the tip bucket asking for tips. So, I took my turn. I was stopped by a guy who asked if I knew the band well, I said, "well, yeah." He said, 'I want the band to play at my wedding in Colorado...I'll pay them really well...they are awesome." So I direct him over to their manager, Howard. Anyway, so then I debated going up to the balcony....I always tend to get VERY ignored when I go up there with the tip bucket, but decided since I had gotten a few $20's dropped in the bucket, I'd take my chances. When I went up there I saw Norm...some 
other guy who does something or other for the band. So I mention to him that a guy downstairs wants the band to play at his wedding. So then Norm goes on and on about me getting the guy to come upstairs and he'll split the commission with me. In the meantime the guy that Norm was currently talking to before I walked up says, "Hi I'm Kevin." 
And I say, "I'm Katie." He says, "I just wanted to introduce myself...I didn't want to be rude." Then Norm says, "Do you know King of Queens?" Totally one of my favorite shows. I say, "Oh yeah!" He says, "That's him." Pointing to the guy who just introduced himself as Kevin. I look back at him and my mouth falls open. hello!!! Kevin James of the tv show "The King of Queens" and movie "Hitch" also starring Will Smith. I must of had an "I'm so stupid" look on my face because Kevin then says, "It's okay, it doesn't matter." So I go, "okay...it doesn't matter...it was nice to meet you." And walk off. HOW LAME IS THAT????? I didn't even tell him how much I LOVE him. I really find him very funny and love to watch him as Doug Heffernan and Albert Brennaman. I just can't believe myself....

0 comments: