
Adelaide has discovered a fabulous new toy....latex glove balloons. Last week her and I went to see Daniel in the research lab he is working in, and the guy that runs the lab offered Adelaide one of these said balloons. She loves playing with the fingers and pretending they are cow udders. I have been impressed with how much time this new toy has occupied for her. She wants to take it everywhere, but I try to convince her to just leave it at home. I figure she ought to get her fill now, because there won't be many balloons allowed with a baby around.
Alicia is doing well academically in school. I don't have to help her as much anymore, and she is still making excellent grades...especially in social studies (although she can't say "social studies" to save her life). She has started attending the 4th and 5th grade chorus in the mornings once a week at her school. Hopefully she will enjoy it...she certainly enjoys singing into her toy microphone along with her Taylor Swift and Hannah Montana cd's in her room, so hopefully chorus will be just as fulfilling. Also, after several heated arguments about her hair, I finally threw in the towel and told her I quit, but that she was welcome to my curling iron to do it herself. She loves to wear her hair straight, but with naturally very curly hair, it is a lot of work. I was about her age when I started using a curling iron and doing my own hair, so I figured I wasn't being horrible by letting my 9 year old use a very hot curling iron. I have actually been very impressed at how well she has done. I've given her a few pointers here and there, but she's been highly motivated (she doesn't want it cut off and she doesn't want it put back in braids). When I did her hair she had to be ready to get it done by 7:40 (and she was often late...hence the heated arguments), but now that she is in charge, I find her in the bathroom doing her hair as early as 7:25. Now that Addi has seen Alicia do HER hair all by herself, Addi has now FiRED me. She tells me all the time she's going to do her hair HERSELF....unfortunately she is not as talented as Alicia...yet.
Tristan has impressed us with his school work this year. We got his scores from last years state assessment and he Excelled in reading. We were floored...this is the child that when he moved in with us (he was supposed to enter 4th grade) had a reading level of a 1st grader. So we held him back and worked with him, and now at 7th grade, he is excelling??!! He is also playing soccer with the county and his team is doing really well. They have played 2 games and shut out the other team both times. Last night he scored 3 out of the 5 goals. He definitely loves to play forward, and does a great job. Try-outs for the school soccer team are next week, so between school soccer and county soccer, we will be VERY busy and get to see LOTS of soccer.
Okay, I'm done bragging on my kids now!

1 comments:
The kids are growing up so well! Good job to Tristan in school and soccer and Alicia in school and her hair! Addi's glove balloon is hilarious. It really looks like cow udders.
Post a Comment