CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Labor Day Visit

Cari, Seth, Lily, and Luke came down from St. Louis for a little visit over Labor Day. Seth had never been to Nashville (we've been here over 3 years, but somehow he's never seemed to make it down with Cari for a visit), so I finally convinced him he needed to make the trip, even though Daniel wasn't here. Seth and Cari are training for the Chicago Marathon (crazies), so on Saturday morning they got up early to go on an 18 mile run. I was having mulch delivered and spread on Saturday, and the guy who was helping me said this about their 18 mile run, "On purpose??? If they needed a ride, I could have given them one." I died laughing...I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get running. Anyway....Tristan and Alicia were big helpers spreading mulch, and Addi, Lily, and Luke played around outside while we worked. Sometime in the middle of it all, Cari and Seth came walking stiff-legged (kind of like cowboys who sat in the saddle too long) up the driveway saying they were ready for their ice baths! Reason #545 why I DON'T run.....if it requires me getting in an ice bath...forget it. I probably don't understand it because I've never done it...but I'm pretty confident in saying that I'm okay with not understanding it. Props to Cari and Seth though...who also got up on Monday morning for a casual 4 mile run.

We enjoyed playing games, Seth threw the tennis ball for Zoie (he insisted on wearing rubber gloves because he did NOT want to touch the slobbery ball...can't say I blame him for that one), the kids played, and we even got to see Savannah Jack play. On Monday during lunch, somehow some banter between Tristan and Seth started about big muscles, and Tristan said his muscles were big enough, so Seth challenged him to an arm wrestle. Tristan immediately declined, so Seth told him to arm wrestle Cari. Tristan was all for that until Cari said, "I almost beat Seth once," and then he backed off again. So, Seth once again chimed in and told Tristan that the loser would make Tristan french toast for lunch (wasn't that nice of Seth to make that wager for his wife??). Finally Tristan realized he didn't have anything to lose, since he was planning on making the french toast himself anyway, and he sat down to challenge Cari. They put on a great show....they held each other for a long time until Cari had enough and conceded. She was such a good sport and immediately got up (even though she hadn't even finished HER lunch) to make Tristan his french toast. Tristan being the good kid he is said, "How about we both make the french toast." It was probably the most entertaining thing all weekend!

Thanks Cardall's for the fun visit! Hopefully it won't be the last!

Seth throwing the tennis ball wearing my rubber cleaning gloves that were a little snug fitting. I also enjoyed his Sunday afternoon outfit consisting of a white dress shirt, dress slacks, and tennis shoes....the rubber gloves really put it all over the top!

Lily and Addi spent most of Sunday afternoon sitting at the game table playing various games.

The Arm Wrestle
I'm not sure whose facial expression is better...Tristan's or Seth's???

So funny....

...and the making of the french toast.

1 comments:

Daniel said...

Tristan should learn that you always let the girl win . . . Sounds like I missed out on a great weekend. Love you!