CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Addi's First Day of School





























Left: Addi right before we left the house.
Right: Addi in her classroom in front of her hook with her apple name tag.


Addi has been SO excited to start school. We went last Thursday to meet her teachers, and ever since then she has talked non-stop about how she is going to go to "Little School." During meet the teacher, she told her teachers that sometimes her friends call her "Addi," so then they asked her if she'd like them to call her "Addi" instead of "Adelaide," and she said, "no, you can call me 'Adelaide.'" Apparently she does not consider them "friends" yet! Her school is at a church right by our house, and we pass by it practically every time we go somewhere and she is always pointing out that THAT is her school. I think she has driven Tristan and Alicia completely bonkers with her very repetitive talk. I was a little worried this morning when she said, "mommy, I don't want to go to school today." I didn't make a big deal about it, instead we focused on packing her lunch in her new purple butterfly lunchbox. That helped to get her excited again! She was very adamant about carrying both her lunchbox and nap pad to the car, and then from the car into her classroom....she did NOT want my help. When we got to her classroom, she got super shy, but quickly adjusted and I was able to leave her without any issues after she made sure I was coming back for her and at what time. When I went back to pick her up she was so excited to tell me all about her first day. She said they did their handprints, learned the letter "A", had music time, reading time, play time, and they even drew with sidewalk chalk outside. She LOVED it! It was all she talked about the rest of the day.....and how she made a new friend...a little girl named Abigail, who apparently also has blonde hair. I'm so relieved that everything went well! AND I went and got myself a pedicure!!! We were both happy girls!

5 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I can't believe Addi is going to preschool! She is so adorable! And good for you for getting a pedi!!!

Cardalls said...

Addi is so cute! I love that she needed a Kindermat. Lily also needed one for kindergarten. Addi will love preschool, and so will you.

Karen said...

awww that is sooo cute! i love that you got a pedicure too!

Daniel said...

I miss you guys so much!

Judi said...

So sweet! She is looking so grown up. Enjoyed the photos of Africa - what an experience for the both of you! Ben would love to do something like that!