CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Family Field Trip

On Saturday, we decided at about 9am that it would be fun to drive to Chattanooga, Tennessee (about 2 hours southeast). We took a field trip there about a year ago to go to the Aquarium. The main mission of the trip was for Daniel to meet up with Rico the "Snake Guy" to buy a female green tree python (to pair with his male....so that one day we can have baby snakes....SO exciting...whatever). I am baffled that he had the itch for another pet to begin with...considering he successfully managed to bring back his 2 pet chameleons from Tanzania in a Pringles container. Whatever...anyway.... So I really was not into taking all 3 kids to Rico's for a few hours while Daniel poured over snakes that to me all look the same. Instead, I had him drop the girls and I off at the Adventure Science Center, so we could play for 2 1/2 hours while he and Tristan went to Rico's to buy a new snake and to be gifted a baby tortoise (Rico just gave it to Tristan since he can't legally sell them in the state of Tennessee). After we met back up, we went to dinner and got ice-cream, and then saw the "African Safari" Imax movie. Daniel apparently wanted us to have the opportunity to experience Africa, and he somehow hadn't gotten enough. The 3-D terrified Addi at certain parts, but it was pretty enjoyable. It was just nice to spend some time together.

Addi and Alicia in the art exhibit playing with clay.

In the medical exhibit. Alicia was excited to put on scrubs to look like Daniel and tried to get Addi to dress up too, but she wasn't interested. Alicia was all about using ace bandages on her baby.....I love the one around her baby's neck........

We are old hats at building the arch since it is something we've done numerous times at the St. Louis Science Center. Addi gave us the proper numbers while Alicia and I stacked and held them. We even had people come up to us after and ask us how we did it....we were like...duh.

Alicia exhibiting her amazing arm strength.

Addi was able to pull herself most of the way up...I was impressed.

Our new female green tree python. Please note her blue patterning. She also is yellow on her underbelly. So interesting, isn't it??? blah blah blah

Alicia with our new snake.

Addi holding our new baby tortoise.

.....and wouldn't you know Alicia was asking at the dinner table tonight if she could bring home one of the classroom science pets they have been observing....frogs, millipedes, and crabs. I was like, "are you kidding me???" As if we DON'T have enough pets as it is!!!!!

1 comments:

Em & M said...

you only have like what 18 pets katie whats a few more to the collection