CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dining Room

I've finally finished the dining room (besides needing to replace the chandelier)!!!! Glazing turned out to be a much bigger project than I anticipated, so I was grateful for Daniel's help. He wasn't so sure that glazing would make that big of a difference and he was convinced that it would be too much work. He was 50% right...it WAS too much work, but it certainly DOES make a BIG difference. Here are the before and after shots.

before...
So these before shots are pretty horrible. But isn't that the point??? To make the room look as awful as possible so the after shots look even better?? Note all of Daniel's African souvenirs on the table....

...and after...

Note the new window treatments...I still impress myself with my sewing skills.

Isn't it fabulous! Now it has the "romantic" dining room feel.

3 comments:

Cardalls said...

Looks great! Great job! I'm so impressed.

GUENTHERS said...

WOW aren't you quite the interior designer!

Hart Family said...

That looks great Katie!!!! Feel like coming over and helping me finish my house????? You rule!!!