CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

VBF

When Daniel was in med school in St. Louis, and I was working at the salon (pre-kids), I desperately needed a friend. Luckily, there was a girl at church who ended up back at home for a little while, who was close to my age and who I had a lot in common with. I remember we were sitting talking one day, and I just said, "Okay, let's be Very Best Friends. Let's skip over all the awkward stuff, and just get to the point. You need a friend, and I definitely need a friend, so let's save each other." Okay, so that's probably not an exact quote, but close enough! Sarah and I did just about everything together...it was with her that I started going to the late night movies in the middle of theweek (which I then introduced my Tennessee friends to...totally fabulous). Anyway, so Sarah moved from St. Louis after she got married and before Daniel and I started collecting children, and I haven't seen her but a handful of times since. So, I was SUPER excited when she called and said she'd be in Nashville! Her husband, Zak, was going to Memphis, and she wasn't sure she wanted to take her baby to stay in a hotel (because that is never very fun), so we decided she'd just stay here with me and Zak would go do what he needed to do in Memphis for a few days and then come back. I worked out quite nicely. We spent a lot of time chatting and watching movies, running errands, and the hi-lite of the trip, was taking the kids to the Zoo. Her little boy, Peregrine, is about 14 months, so we figured it would be the best thing to do. It was so much fun to have them here and I'm so glad they came!!













Petting and brushing the goats in the petting zoo.






























Addi was all about frogs that day, so she rode the frog and Per rode the elephant. We weren't sure if he'd like the carousel, but he LOVED it as apparently he arched his back and cried when Sarah tried putting him back in the stroller.











Addi was apparently done posing for pictures at this point...here she is with the giraffes.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

We had a great time!! Thanks so much for having us there. I got Per a little stuffed elephant on our way home to Utah and it has become his new favorite thing. Thanks again!