CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Living Room

My project last week was my living room. I feel like my Aunt Ingrid, who always does home improvement projects when her husband leaves town! I totally get it now! I can just do my thing, and I don't have to listen to anyone chirping in my ear! Anyway...I was bored with the beige color on the walls, so I decided to try a mustard yellow. I was going to hire a guy to do it for me, but he couldn't do it until today, and I had it in my mind to get done last Thursday. So, naturally, being the crazy pregnant lady that I am....I just painted it myself. Took me all stinkin' day, but what else did I have to do?? I also had finished my curtains for the window (except for the hem), so I called up my good friend Munni, who loaned me her husband, Andrew, to help me hang the curtain rod. He then gave me the fabulous idea of putting my bench with the 2 oversized pillows on it in front of the window! (If you get real close to the window, and look down you see Daniel's turtle enclosure, so the pillows kind of cover that up!!) I am just LOVING all the sunlight and the warm cozy feeling I get when I go into that room! I can actually tolerate sitting in there now! Don't worry...I'm not done...I'm on to my dining room this week! I've got fabric for curtains and I just bought some glaze paint for above the chair rail! Before and After pics to come next week!


before....yuk!

after....fabulous!



2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

So pretty! I love those colors. Awesome built-ins too.

Cardalls said...

Looks great! Too bad we were 1 week to early to see the finished product.