CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Writing Lines

Instead of time-out, Alicia has graduated to writing lines when she misbehaves. I've threatened Tristan with them, but have never had to follow through...yet. That's just a little preface to my story.
Well, Daniel's dad, Tam, and my nephew, Austin, were here for the weekend. Yesterday morning I had a roast cooking in the crockpot so that dinner would be ready when we got home from church. I guess in Tam's search for a place to plug in the toaster he unplugged the crockpot. Luckily, before we left for church I noticed that the light wasn't on and then yelled, "WHO UNPLUGGED MY CROCKPOT???" Tam sheepishly replied that it must have been him when he plugged in the toaster and that it hadn't been more than an hour. So my reply was, "Maybe you need to write out 'I will not unplug the crockpot' about 25 times." I didn't realize it at the time, but Alicia was in the kitchen during all of this. After we got home from church she got out her spiral notebook reserved especially for writing lines, took it to Tam and told him he needed to write his lines. Tam was a good sport and played along. Alicia coached him in the proper manner of writing lines by making sure he said, "I will not unplug the crockpot" every time before writing it and also reminded him to put a period at the end of his sentences. She also told him to use neat handwriting, and then hovered over him the whole time giving him encouraging words such as, "yep, your doing good", "keep going, don't slow down", "you're almost done." Granted, I have never hovered over her, but it was pretty funny to see her doing exactly what I do to her, to someone else. It was pretty cute.

2 comments:

Judi said...

Great story! We do writing lines too. I think it actually works quite well. Did you ever watch the Waltons? I know I am quite a bit older than you - anyway, they did memorizing scripture verses. I was thinking that might be a good idea too :).

Cardalls said...

Seth and I both thought this was hilarious!