CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

I'm so grateful for school teachers who help the students make special things for their mothers. Last year Tristan wrote a whole book of poems about me at school for a poetry unit, and this year Alicia made me the sweetest book complete with drawings. The parts in italics are what she wrote.
My mom is smart. She even knows how to love other people.
My mom is special because you are nice to me.
I like it best when my mom plays games with me.
My mom can do many things. I think she is best at cleaning the house.
My mom has a pretty smile. I like to make her smile by tickling her.
I can show my mom I love her by giving her love letters.
My mom is special to me. I wouldn't trade her for a car.
In the good old days when my mom was little she broke her nose.
My favorite memory of my mom is she looks nice.
I am thankful for all my mom does for me. I am especially thankful that she keeps me safe. (the drawing on this page is of me holding Alicia and protecting her from a robber)

And then at church, Alicia made me a door hanger that said "Time Out for Mom" which I've already put to use!!! She told me it was for when I needed time to meditate or just be by myself. We ate dinner that night with our friends Kathy and Brian at their house. Their 3 girls had drawn this "Happy Mother's Day" picture and then cut it up into a puzzle for me. It took me a little while to get it put together, but it was so sweet of them to think of me (only because I had seen them making all sorts of things for their mother, so I asked them what they were going to make me!) It was all very nice regardless and I had a great Mother's Day!

(L-R) me, Addi, Taylor, Alicia, Brooke, & Rachel

1 comments:

KYLE and NATALIE KOESTER said...

Sounds like you've got some great kids! Even though my little girl hasn't come out to the world yet, it was nice to celebrate my first mothers day. I am glad you were treated well on that special day.