CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

...And Alicia is 8!

Tristan is 12...AND Alicia is 8!!!!! I can hardly believe how fast time is flying by!!!! It was 3 years ago this Memorial Day weekend that they came to live with us. Tristan was very timid, and Alicia was literally ALL over the place! They have grown and changed and developed themselves, but they are still the same kids that moved in 3 years ago. Often times I wonder what in the world we were thinking, but it's been worth it...all of it.

Anyway. Back to original reason for this blog! Alicia's 8th birthday was on Monday!! Every year it seems that she has a really hard time with my birthday, then mother's day, then Tristan's birthday, so by the time her birthday rolls around, I am so irritated with her attitude that I don't want to make her birthday a big to do. This year I decided to rise above my irritation and make it a day all about her and one she will never forget. So, it started out Sunday night with me blowing up 20 yellow and 20 purple balloons (and I just want to add that yes, I blew them ALL up with my own breathe....I about passed out), hanging streamers, and decorating her bedroom door with 8 stars, balloons and streamers. I got up early on Monday morning (after a very restfull 4 hours...you would not believe how long it takes to blow up 40 balloons) to make a special breakfast (per request) of chocolate chip waffles, eggs, bacon, and fruit salad. I also presented her with 2 coupons (we had to wait to do presents until dinner when Daniel could be home); one for a day free of chores, and one for a visit to the salon for manicures with me (I might as well get something out if it...I did blow up 40 balloons!!!). So, after school, I took her to Wal-mart and we both got manicures. She LOVED it. She picked a sparkly gold color that actually looks really good next to her skin. Then we came home for a gourmet dinner (also per request) of hot dogs, fresh french fries, fruit salad, peas, and Sprite (a special treat). We opened presents (a tiger webkinz, a baseball glove (since she throws left, I had to find a right hand glove...not an easy task), hot pink swimming goggles, a new tankini, flip flops, and socks (I figured I wrapped up deodorant for Tristan, so Alicia needed a gift like that too) ) and ate cake and ice-cream, and then her and Tristan got to stay up and watch her new movie "Meet the Robinson's" (which I thought was very fitting). Normally I don't let them watch tv on school days, but since it's the last week of school (all they are doing is partying anyway) and Alicia's special day, I figured "why not?"

After all of that Daniel comes to me and says "Is there anything you want me to do with these balloons?" In other words, "these balloons are driving me crazy; can I dispose of them?" I had just left them all out on the kitchen floor and apparently it drove him crazy that he couldn't just walk around the kitchen without stepping into balloons. Alicia thought it was great fun!! So, now Alicia has 40 balloons up in her room because there was NO way I was letting Daniel get rid of those balloons!

So overall, I think Alicia had an amazing 8th birthday and I'm glad she got to feel extra, extra special.

Alicia with her webkinz. These things are all the craze with kids now. I fought geting her one for a long time, but finally I caved and she LOVES it!!!

For some reason, this picture really wants to be sideways...sorry!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, I can't believe Alicia is 8, Trisitan is 12 and Adeliede is 2!! It seems like Alicia was just in kindergarten. Reading your blog really makes me miss you guys. Happy Birthday Tristan and Alicia!!
Happy Birthday Katie!!
If you want you can check out my blog at lindmarkfamily.blogspot.com

Karen Lindmark

GUENTHERS said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! Ryan saw this blog and said "Alicia pretty". She really is growing up!

Judi said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! Wow what a day you had! I'm impressed you blew up all those balloons Katie! The girls and I enjoyed reading all about your birthday. Grace said she wouldn't mind having a birthday like that :).

Judi said...

We were excited to see the Lindmark's have a blog too. We saw that you are taking a trip at the end of the month. Why don't you guys come through Indy on your way back home from Chicago? We'd love to see you.

Meagan said...

She is ADORABLE! Can't wait to meet her!