We celebrated Tristan's 12th birthday on Saturday! The festivities were kicked off at 7:30 with a gourmet breakfast of pancakes, sausage, eggs, pineapple, and strawberries. Breakfast was followed by a very well played soccer game where Tristan scored 2 goals...including what would have been the game winning goal, except his team got SO excited to be winnning that they ended up tied in the last 20 seconds of the game. Apparently they started celebrating just a little bit too early. After his game, 2 of his friends came over for pizza, cake, ice-cream, and gift opening after which Daniel escorted the boys to the movie "Speed Racer." I guess the boys enjoyed it, but Daniel suffered. Tristan was very excited about his new mulit-tool, soccer goal, blue striped neck tie, "Facing the Giants" movie, and stick of deodorant (he had run out and needed more, so I thought I was so funny by wrapping it up and having him open it in front of his friends...it reminded me of something my mom would have done). The night was ended with a few social outings where the kids got to watch movies and play and the adults got to enjoy each other's company. I'd say it was a pretty good day and Tristan seemed satisfied, but he was quick to remind me that I still owe him a dinner of brats (that is what he chose to have for dinner, but then we ended up going to some friends house, so I'll have to make it up to him later).
Isn't Addi such a camera ham???

0 comments:
Post a Comment