For those of you familiar with the song "Shift Work" sung by Kenny Chesney and George Straight, you will understand exactly how all 5 of us feel about Daniel's schedule this week. He has been working the night shift (6pm-7am) in the surgery ICU. If I was a fancy blogger like a lot of my friends I'd know how to have the song playing for you right now, but unfortunately, I'm not. Anyway.... This past week has been especially difficult for all of us. Daniel has been struggling to switch his days and nights and as a result doesn't have time for anything but sleep. Adelaide and I have had to find daily activities away from home so that we aren't constantly waking Daniel up with all our noise. So as a result, I have had a difficult time getting anything done around the house. And then Tristan and Alicia are STARVING for "dad" time. We have 2 more night shifts, and then Daniel is back to days on Tuesday for 4 days, has the weekend off, and then goes back to nights for another week. We are all struggling to adjust, and in the mean time are singing about "a big 'ole pile of shift work." And yes, I'd love some cheese with my whine!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh I totally feel for you! I so disliked the night float schedule. Hang in there!
Post a Comment