CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Ringing in the New Year

My older brother, Martin, suprised me about a week before New Year's with the idea of bringing his family to Nashville to celebrate New Year's. I was so excited since I didn't get to see them over Christmas, and haven't seen them since the summer. We spent 3 days visiting, letting the kids play, going on a walk, watching movies, playing games, and eating lots of yummy food. One day we took the kids to the park and fun was had by all! I am so grateful that Martin and his family drove the brutal 10 hours (one way, so over 20 hours total) to spend some time with us. We really enjoyed their company!
Ryan and Addi in the "Fire Truck"

Uncle Martin helping Addi do the zip line.

Alicia on the tire swing.

Sometimes I wonder if Tristan feels tortured by all the "little kid" things we do, but he mostly has a positive attitude and seems to keep himself entertained. I wonder how much longer things will be like that????

I foolishly decided to give these 3 the ride of their life...briefly forgetting that Addi and Ryan are only 3. They were giggling for a little bit before Ryan started to turn a certain shade of green and we quickly stopped the ride, got him off, and helped him find his center of balance before he got sick. Luckily he didn't get sick and was fine after a few minutes, but how dumb can I be???

1 comments:

GUENTHERS said...

We had such a good time. The drive wasn't too bad and totally worth it. thanks so much for everything and of course the snazzy haircuts!