Chattanooga is a small city about 2 1/2 hours southeast of here and has wonderful museums, an aquarium, an I-Maxx theatre, and much more. Tristan took a big field trip in 5th grade to Chattanooga to visit the sights. On Friday, we drove down with our friend, Jason and his 2 boys, Seth and Jacob, to visit the Aquarium. We pit stopped at a snake breeder's home before we hit the Aquarium to check out his collection 0f 400 Green Tree Pythons and Emerald Tree Boas. This was the guy that Daniel bought his Green Tree Python from when he and Jason went to the reptile show in Daytona Beach during the fall. It was lucky I decided to tag along on this trip (every time Jason and Daniel take the kids somewhere, we always end up with a new pet...or 2...or 6) and we were able to come home empty handed. It was pretty amazing to see the set up this guy has for his snakes. He even has a "Mouse House" at the opposite edge of his property where he raises his own mice and rats to feed to his snakes. It was quite the operation....he does it (snakes) as his full-time job. I think Daniel dreams of doing something like that, but I'm not sure how I would feel about breeding our own mice and rats......

How did they get inside that tank??? Nice fish face, Addi!

Alicia petting a sturgeon.

Alicia's impression of a Barracuda.

One of the hi-lites was petting and feeding the sting rays.
R-L Mr. Seth (for some reason we call this little 20 month old Mr...he had a great time just playing in the water), Daniel, Addi, Jacob, Tristan and Alicia

Daniel managed to help Adelaide totally soak the entire arm of her shirt, so luckily she was wearing an undershirt, and I used the shark you see in the background (which is really a hand dryer...clever, eh?) to dry her shirt.

Do you think Tristan realizes that Jaws is right behind him???

Alicia and the Jelly Fish.

Alicia with the king crabs.

0 comments:
Post a Comment