
Friday evening I took the kids to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Kathy and her 3 girls also came. I am a firm believer in splurging at the circus. I was adamant about getting good seats...3rd row, thank you very much!!!!
This was Tristan's 3rd time to the circus, but it was Alicia and Addi's first circus. They LOVED it....although I must admit it is possible that I enjoyed it more than anyone. I L-O-V-E the circus...all the animals, stunts, acrobats, bright colors.....one can't help but smile. One of the best parts is that they always have a pre-show about an hour before the show actually starts where you can walk around on the circus floor and interact with the performers and animals. The trainers even come out with some of the animals to do demonstrations; clowns and acrobats do performances up close and personal; they even had some dance instruction. The first 4 pictures below are from the pre-show.
I spent a small fortune getting each child their own snow cone in a special circus cup...Addi got the clown, Alicia the elephant, and Tristan the tiger....and of course a bag of cotton candy to share. I admit...it's ridiculous behavior, but SOOO fun!!! It was so worth it to watch the wonder and joy on Addi and Alicia's little faces. The girls are already talking about going again....and of course I will say YES!

Brooke, Rachel, Alicia, Taylor & Addi with a circus performer/dancer.

An elephant painting a picture. Another circus hi-light!!

Alicia was picked to help with the tug-of-war with the big muscley dudes.

Rachel was picked to do some stunts with the big muscley dudes....

I love the elephants! They are such amazing animals and SO big! Addi said her favorite part was all the animals and her favorite animal was the elephants. Like mother, like daughter!!

Tristan was a little hesitant to allow me to take this picture, but being the good boy that he is, he put the nose on and tried to look like he wasn't completely embarrassed! Of course, for him, the circus was, "okay."

I think I was meant to have been a circus performer.....

2 comments:
Looks like fun! The elephants are one of my favorite too. The kids and I took a ride on one at the state fair and it was pretty cool. They are amazing animals.
I am with you, friend: I love to splurge on good seats for the circus. We were in the 2nd row center. LOVED IT! Did the ringmaster remind you of William Shatner?? I can totally see you as a circus performer...you would be awesome!
Post a Comment