CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Christmas


Now that it is New Year's Eve, I guess it is time for me to blog about our Christmas. We really enjoyed being home together for Christmas. It was a new experience for all of us. Daniel's work schedule for the week was 24 hours on and 24 hours off. He had Christmas Eve off, but had worked the day/night before, so he spent the morning and early afternoon sleeping. At about 2 we began the process of trying to call Chile so that we could talk to my brother who is on a mission there. For some reason the connection was really bad and it took about an hour before we were able to get a good one. After that we enjoyed a turkey dinner (Tristan and I had a bit of a G.I. bug, so unfortunately food wasn't very appetizing for us, but somehow I still managed to do the cooking). We sang a few Christmas carols, read Luke 2, read Love Notes (little notes about why we love each other), and then opened all of the gifts under the tree. Daniel had to get up and work Christmas morning, so we hurried to open our stockings before he had to leave. Later, the kids and I went over to our friends, Munni and Andrew's house for a magnificent Christmas dinner of prime rib. Unfortunately again, Tristan and I still weren't feeling well, but we managed to sneak in a few bites here and there. If there was anything that looked like it deserved the name of "Christmas Roast Beast," it would be this 15 pound prime rib roast. After dinner, a few of us went up to take Daniel a couple plates of food, but he was already eating Indian food that his attending had brought in. He ended up saving our Christmas dinner for his next 24 hour shift, so all was good. 

I was amazed at how little I felt homesick. I talked to my family quite a few times over the course of the Christmas holiday, and I felt sad to not be with them, but I also really enjoyed trying things on our own. It was definitely nice to not have to drive a million hours in the car!!!!

Tristan & I with our new Body Armor sweatshirts.

Opening stockings Christmas morning. "Santa" was too tire to put Addi's kitchen together for her, so I did it on Friday afternoon.

Andrew and the "Christmas Roast Beast."

1 comments:

Hart Family said...

Driving in a car is not the recommended way to spend your holiday. I love doing things on our own as well! Missed you New Years but I know you guys still had fun.