CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Break 2009

Last week the kids had Monday and Tuesday off school for their Fall Break. Daniel was in New Orleans for 7 days for an anesthesia conference, and I wasn't too impressed with the fact that I had the kids home for 4 days while he was out of town. Luckily I have great friends! Alli and Mike had the idea to go on a little trip to St. Louis. We got Rachel and Jason on board as well, booked a 4-star hotel for $64/night, and off we went! (Because this is what every 35-week pregnant lady does, right?) It was different to go to St. Louis as a tourist, but really fun. Alli, Mike, and I and our kiddos left early Sunday morning. We spent the afternoon at the St. Louis City Museum, which was super fun for the kids. I've decided the reason why their prices are so high is so that they can afford their insurance. That whole place is an accident waiting to happen, but that is also why it is so stinkin' fun! That evening we went down to Cari and Seth's for some fabulous homemade pizza and great conversation.

Jason and Rachel arrived on Sunday night at about the same time we got back from dinner, but we were all so tired that we just put our kids to bed, and then went to bed ourselves. On Monday morning we got up in time to get to the Zoo at 9am so we could ride the carousel and enter the Children's Zoo for free. We literally spent ALL day at the Zoo. I walked my pregnant butt around that zoo for 7 hours....it's a good thing I LOVE that zoo!

***All that walking is probably how I ended up at 1 1/2 cm and 60% effaced at my dr appointment.
He says, "You could go at anytime!"
I say, "NO!"
He says,"You'll be full term in a week, so it's okay."
I say, "I don't have TIME to have a baby right now."
He says,"Well, that's a different story." He then proceeds to chuckle at me.

Anyway, back to St. Louis....that night we just went back to the hotel, ate a casual dinner, and then took the kids swimming in the hotel pool. We all CRASHED that night.

Tuesday morning Mike and Tristan got up and got ready to head back early. Mike had somewhere he needed to be, and Tristan had a school soccer practice. The rest of us went on to the St. Louis Science Center for the morning. We've been to the science center MANY times, but somehow the girls still find things that they love to explore and do. Alli and her 2 kids rode back with the girls and I, and Jason and Rachel went to Eckert's to get some apples. Somehow along the way, I got distracted and missed my connection onto I-24. I blame the pregnancy entirely....seriously, how many time have I driven that stretch of highway??? I've NEVER missed an exit.....pathetic. So we got a very backwoods tour of Kentucky as we cut over to meet up with 24. We saw a salon called, "Curl Up and Dye." Quit clever....... Anyway, so that little detour added about 1 1/2 hours to our trip. The kids were so done!!! And so were we!

I have to say the trip was very fun, but I will be honest...it pushed my highly pregnant and emotion self to the limits! But at least we weren't sitting at home totally bored!

Addi going down a slide at the City Museum.

On the City Museum's Rooftop. It was extra $ to go up there, but was totally worth it!
L-R Tristan, Addi, Jackson, Brynn, Alicia

This picture is taken from the top of the Ferris Wheel on the Rooftop. It totally freaked me out and I had to concentrate on not getting sick.

....But Addi L-O-V-E-D it!

Alli and Brynn

This slide was also on the rooftop. We spent A LOT of time watching the kids climb up the rope, then slide down. Sometimes it looked like it really hurt, but it didn't phase them!

WhEEE!

It's been 4 years since we've been to the City Museum. We took Tristan and Alicia shortly after they moved in with us, and I was pregnant with Adelaide. Tristan had SO much fun that when it was time to go, he sat himself down and refused to move. This is the spot that he sat in protest, so I had him try to re-enact himself. He just laughed and said, "That was when I was NINE." Such a long time ago.....

Brynn, Alli, and Addi on the carousel at the zoo.

Addi playing with the magnets at the Science Center.

For some reason this room at the Science Center is super fun for the kids. It's a room with a slanted black and white checkered floor, which the kids end up trying to slide down.

1 comments:

GUENTHERS said...

I can't believe how much you do! You're superwoman! Getting ready to have kid 4 and your gallavanting off for the week, you should have 5 more!