My friends and I all love to hang out and have a good time together, so we are constantly looking for an excuse for a get-together. I'm not huge on baby showers when it's not a 1st child. I can understand when the first child is a girl, and the second is a boy....things like that. But the fact that I am having my 2nd girl in the same seasons as my first, I felt a little shameful when Alli and Rachel were wanting to throw me a shower. They would say, "It's not really about you...it's about us...we just want to have a party." Well, in that case, how could I refuse them?? The one thing I was planning on buying for this baby was a new travel system. I never got a travel system when I had Addi. I never found one that I liked, and wasn't sure I really wanted one anyway. My friend had given me her very nice Peg-Perego car seat, so I just used that and an umbrella stroller....which got inconvenient to have to transfer Addi to and from when she was sleeping. Well, the base of the car seat ended up breaking (it got a lot of good use...my friend used it, then me, then I lent it to my sister), and it is over 5 years old, so I decided to not only get a new car seat, but a travel system. I found one from Chicco that I really liked, so Rachel and Alli made me go register for it. I laughed at them and told them they wouldn't get enough money to cover the cost, but to just get a gift certificate for the amount they collected and I would make up the difference.
I will never under-estimate my friends again. I walked into Rachel's and found my travel system, beautiful tables arranged with pretty table cloths and loads of treats (it was a dessert shower). There was a candy bar, fondue bar, ice-cream sundaes, and a table with cake, punch, and roses. My cup runneth over! So much for just an excuse to have a party!!! I was overwhelmed and felt SO loved. It was a wonderful shower with lots of good company. I got many beautiful gifts, including a homemade calendar with a place to put a picture of the baby on every month, and a homemade diaper bag with matching blanket. I was so completely amazed.... As I think about how I REALLY did not want to move to Tennessee and what a hard time I gave Daniel about it, I now understand one of the reasons why we needed to come here. These people are amazing!!! I am blessed to know them and be friends with them. I'm talking about all 30 of them...including Rachel and Alli!!!!! I'm such a lucky person, and my baby is even luckier!!!

The candy bar...

The cake and punch table....I took this picture before the punch made it out, but you get the idea!

My travel system.

Opening gifts.
L-R Jessica, me, Christine, Sharalee, Yvonne, Alli, Shannon, and Munni

L-R Flora, Marcia, Shobhna, Carla, April, Polly, and Jenny

Alli had this romper embroidered with "Savannah Jack's Smallest Fan." SOO cute and sooo fitting. I think last time I went to listen to Savannah Jack I had more people touch my belly than ever....a few even asked which of the guys from the band was my husband....why else would a pregnant lady be in a honky tonk???? I just redirected those people to Alli.

1 comments:
Perhaps having so many great friends has something to do with being a great friend! :)
I'm glad life is good for you in Tennessee!
I can't wait to hear of the arrival of your little one!
Post a Comment