CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yowza!!! Tristan is 13!?

Does it freak anyone else out that I am now the mother of a teenager??? I must admit I'm a little scared and intimidated. Tristan's birthday is today, but we celebrated it yesterday (he didn't want to celebrate on a Sunday). We started off the morning with Daniel making Cinnamon-Sugar French Toast (of which he claims to be the first person ever to think of such a thing...did anyone know I have a closet chef as a husband??) breakfast with eggs and fresh blueberries and strawberries.

In the early afternoon Daniel took Tristan and a friend and his dad to the driving range to hit golf balls. Tristan really enjoyed using his brand new set of golf clubs!! His one and only birthday gift...but he was so excited about them. It was really sweet. We blind folded him and then Daniel brought out the clubs and when we took the blindfold off, Tristan's mouth just hung open. He must of said thank-you 10 times and that it was "awesome" and then he said, "mom, can I give you a hug?" Daniel was actually the one who really wanted to get him golf clubs, so I put him in charge of it with my blessing. So I was glad when Tristan then proceeded to hug Daniel as well!!

After golfing, the boys and dads went out to eat. Daniel was sure to bring us girls home some dinner, and then we had cookie cake and ice-cream. Tristan hugged me and thanked me again. I sure hope that he stays my sweet boy and doesn't turn into a monster adolescent...but who am I kidding, right?????







2 comments:

Karen Baker said...

happy birthday tristan! can't wait to meet your kids this summer

Cardalls said...

make sure Daniel keeps up the golf with him,now is the time to learn.