CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Early Morning Wakenings

Periodically Adelaide has been waking up early in the morning (for me that is between 5 and 6). Luckily she ends up going back to sleep, but I'd just like to share a little bit of what my 3 year old has been up to. So she'll wake up just screaming and crying and hollering sometime between 5 and 6 am. Those of you who know me, know that I am NOT a morning person. So I peel myself out of bed and make what seems like a mile long journey upstairs to her room to ask what is wrong. This morning she told me, "I want to be big." She had to repeat this for me about 4 times before I understood what in the world she was saying. My response, "Addi, it is too early...go back to sleep." She then says, "But I want to be big," and rolls over to go back to sleep. Okay...so where ever that came from.

The incident that tops the cake is about a week ago when she woke up screaming and crying and hollering. When I got upstairs to ask her what the problem was, she says, "I want a donut." Once again it took  me asking her 3 or 4 times before I could comprehend what she was saying. A donut??? I blame Daniel entirely. He loves donuts and pastries and such. I don't really care for them. So by the time I got back in bed, Daniel was finishing getting ready for work and I informed him what HIS daughter had just said. He found the whole thing entirely too amusing. I really ought to just put the baby monitor on HIS side of the bed. Then we will see who is laughing!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is too funny, I am sorry you keep getting woke up but I practically was rolling on the floor laughing.
We can't wait to see Tristan and Dan. Rob is home this weekend so I know he will want to see Dan. Sam wants Tristan to come and stay with us sometime when you guys are up here! I can't believe Alicia is 9 already and Addie is so big. We miss you all!

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

umm I heard something interesting from my Mom today...