CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Sweet Boy

I am counting my blessed days with my sweet, new teenage boy. School gets out for the kids next Thursday, so it is Yearbook time. Today Tristan brought me his yearbook and asked me to sign it. I was speachless!!! I NEVER would have thought to have my parents sign my yearbook...I mean, what would my friends think. I was a little skeptical since he brought me a pencil to sign it with, so I asked, "Do you want me to sign in pencil so you can erase it later?" Hello...what a jerky thing to say to a sweet boy who just wants his mom to sign his yearbook.... Anyway. He brings me a pen and I'm still floored by this whole situation so I ask, "You want me to sign my name, or mom?" "Mom is fine," he says. Okay. So I sat pondering what I should say, and finally came up with "To my own Soccer Star, Mom" (with a few of stars to decorate the message, of course). He thanked me mulitple times and just went back upstairs. Being the pesimist that I am, I started to think that it must be some prank he and his friends are pulling with their parents...Daniel told me to stop thinking such negative thoughts. Tristan really is just a sweet boy....and then he spent the rest of the afternoon outside with Adelaide totally torturing her the only way an older brother knows how....so whatever!!!!

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

What a sweetie!!! Tristan is such a polite boy. Ryan and I were very impressed by him at the wedding. You are a lucky Mommy.

Remember these moments because I'm sure they will be few in his teens!

The Taylors said...

What a sweetheart. You are so funny, I can't wait to meet you this summer!

Laura