CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Addition to the Big Build

This past week my dad started work for our friend, Brian. You may remember back in March/April when my dad came out to build the cabin for Brian. So, my dad is back down at "the land" (30 minutes south of our house) to do more work. He added 4 windows (2 on each end) to the main level of the cabin to create more light. Of course this would have been easier to do during the original "big build," but that's life. Brian also has a shooting range on said land, so my dad is building a cover for where you shoot from since now all that is there is a folding table. It will block your side view so that it is more like going to the shooting range and you won't get cooked standing out in the sun. I'm pretty excited to see how it will look. I have debated revealing the fact that my new hobby is shooting guns, but I guess I'm just not the type to be pretentious. It started with Daniel, and then somehow he and Brian convinced me to give it a try one day, so I did, and I found that I even kind of enjoyed it. Who knew?
To the left is the cabin...obviously. To the right is the berm (large pile of dirt) that is the shooting range.
Close up of the berm and the lovely folding tables we currently shoot from.

Here is a look at my dad putting in 2 of the side windows (he was the one that suggested putting in side windows during the original "big build"). If you look through these windows you can see the berm.

Brian also has an assault rifle range out in the woods. Here I am shooting an AR-15. Don't I look totally Charlie's Angels???

We found this spider on the side of the portal potty. He was huge and gross and hence why I hate camping.

1 comments:

Trish said...

Okay, this song couldn't be any more perfect for your blog. I'm gonna have to steal it for my blog. Ryan loves Bob the Builder.

Trish