So here are a few pictures to update you on the progress of construction down at the land. I'm sure you are all wondering why I'm so good about posting pictures of this project's progression, but not of my own kitchen. There are a few reasons:
#1. I don't have to LIVE in this construction, so therefore it does not require me to suppress my Type A personality (have I mentioned that I hate being Type A?). So I can drive out, visit my dad, take a few photos, and then go back home to my fabulous kitchen (which I have been spending hours cooking in...somedays dinner prep starts at 2pm, and I don't finish until 6 or 7....I just love spending time in there!)
#2. I am just a really great friend....to be quite honest. Brian is in the movie business, and is currently shooting a movie in Utah, so he is not around for construction. So instead, he harasses me by saying, "the blogging public wants to know." Then somehow convinces me to drive out to the land (and drag Kathy with me...she hates, no, loathes going to the land), take photos, then post them on MY blog. Who agrees to do that kind of thing??? I'll tell you who, a very good, kind, caring, compassionate person...okay, so just someone who is easily manipulated, but I prefer to think of myself as the first.

Here is a look at 2 of the new side windows. My dad also put those boards on the wall after he put in insulation. You used to just be able to see the frame and it was quite handy to use it as shelves, but this looks much nicer.

Here is Addi riding Kathy's saddle. I guess one year Kathy wanted a horse saddle for Christmas. I asked her if she used to have a horse, she said, "No, I just wanted a saddle." So now it has found a perfect home in the cabin...it adds to the rustic ambience.

Here is the shooting shelter. As we were leaving my dad was starting to put on "the green roof."

And here is another look at the shelter from on top of the berm. I thought this was a great shot of another angle of "the land." I am such a good friend to risk my life climbing on top of that thing just to get a good photo....if I do say so myself.
Hope the blogging public enjoys!! or wait, maybe just Brian.

0 comments:
Post a Comment