CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gas Shortage

I've been trying to buy gas for a few days now, and it has been rather difficult since every gas station I drove by (and I drove by MANY) had bags over the pumps and blank signs where the price of gas is supposed to be (because they have no gas to price). I was highly discouraged yesterday when I went to Costco and it was also closed and blocked off. This hurricane has really done a number on our gas supply. Supposedly Nashville gets its gas from Atlanta who gets it from somewhere in Texas.

Anyway, so today I noticed that Daniel's car was on empty and I had 1/4 of a tank and he had to be into work today at 4pm. I was grateful that I had filled up our gas cans for the lawn mower a few weeks ago, so I was able to put in about 6 gallons into Daniel's car and about 3 into mine.

I was grateful again after Daniel came home from the dentist this afternoon and told me that he found a Shell gas station a few miles from our house that was selling gas for $4.10/gal. I jumped in the car and rushed over there to fill up. I was so glad we were able to get gas in our cars. Daniel would have been able to get to work tonight, but I'm not sure he would have been able to get home (especially if we didn't have that extra gas stored for the mower). Neither he or I would be too keen on the idea of him just staying over at the hospital until we could get gas.

When I started driving 12 years ago, gas probably averaged $.88/gal. It's amazing how much has changed. I am planning to spend the next few days hunkered down at home until we get some sort of supply back. I'm also grateful that a gas shortage is our biggest problem...as opposed to having a flooded home, or no home at all. 

1 comments:

Judi said...

Interesting! I guess we need to have some gas stored too along with all of the other things we need to store huh? I'm glad you were able to finally find some gas though.