Naturally, a project that was originally estimated to take 1 week, is now at the beginning of week 3. My dad is aiming to be able to return home sometime this week. As you can see from the pictures, "The Big Build" is moving along. On Saturday, 3 guys from church came down out of the goodness of their hearts to help accelerate the project. Daniel and I were also out there helping. I even got to do some work and use some power tools! I helped put up the ceiling in the loft area. My good friends Kathy (Brian's wife) and Munni spent the morning putting in the insolation, and then me and 2 of the guys from church installed the ceiling. It still isn't quite finished yet, but there are only a few finishing touches to add. All the kids were out there, so they helped with sight clean up and handing us tools, tape measures, and nails. And of course it was just our luck to be cold and rainy on Saturday, but at least we had shelter!!!! I didn't have the camera on Saturday, so I took these pictures today at about 6pm.

The door was installed about 30 minutes after I finished taking pictures. I moved on to cooking hot dogs and missed taking a picture of the door before it got dark.

I just think this siding looks amazing. Take note of the wood burning stove exhaust pipe. That thing was a real bugger to install...I'm glad I didn't have to do it!

But here's a photo of what I DID do! This is the ceiling in the loft. In the front center is the cat walk which connects either side of the loft. My dad is going to install a railing to prevent any kiddos falling. To take this photo I was outside on a ladder shooting through the window. It was the only way I could get a good shot.

And here is the infamous wood burning stove. The thing caused some real issues and almost didn't get installed, but it sure was great to have working on Saturday! About 3/4 of the way through the day they got everything connected and in working order. It didn't take long to warm up the cabin, making the loft especially cozy...lucky me!!!
1 comments:
I'm glad I finally get to see it. It looks great. I love the stove. You are the woman for doing all that work!
Post a Comment