This morning we said good-bye to my Dad after having him here with us for 3 weeks. I think he was ready to go home, but glad that he was able to come. We all sure got into a routine with him here. He and Alicia had sharing the bathroom in the morning down to a science. We always ate dinner, then reset a place for him and kept his food out on the stove. I also enjoyed how he would come home smelling like cut wood...for some reason I really like that smell. Tonight when it started to get dark I went to turn the lights on outside so he wouldn't be pulling up in the dark, and then I remembered that he wouldn't be pulling up tonight since he went home! Adelaide especially looked forward to spending time with Grandpa and rubbing his beard. She even had him read her books one night and every morning she'd ask where Daddy was, and then where Grandpa was and every morning I'd tell her they were at work. I'm curious to see what she'll say tomorrow.
All of the work my Dad was supposed to do on the cabin was finished on Saturday. I had found babysitters for Addi on Thursday and Friday so I could go down and be his little helper. It was fun to spend time with him while he was in his element. Then we all went down on Saturday to help get things cleaned up. I think the craftmanship my Dad did on this cabin is remarkable and the pictures just don't do it enough justice. The inside is still pretty rough, but that is going to be finished over time and Brian may even hire my dad to come out again in a few months to help finish it off so furniture can be moved in.So here are some more pictures of the cabin. WE LOVE YOU GRANDPA (DAD) AND WE MISS YOU ALREADY!!!!

I thought this railing turned out really nice. Note the steps off the right side.

Here is the ladder my dad built for climbing up into the loft. He ended up building it twice because the first one didn't have enough space inbetween the treads to put your foot in and step without catching your foot, so naturally my dad ripped it apart and started over.

Here's the railing around the catwalk in the loft.

3 comments:
It looks amazing. As always, Dad's work is one of perfection. I'm always embarrassed when he comes out and sees my paint jobs. I haven't mastered the cutting in like he has.
so, is your dad for rent? has he ever wanted to work in driggs, idaho?
Wow the cabin looks amazing. When you hear they are going to build something in a week you kind of think shack (J/K) but that is amazing! Your dad is very talented. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I really apprecite you taking the time to read our adoption website.
Post a Comment