Daniel turned the big 3-0 yesterday. He is pretty low-key when it comes to his birthday, so he didn't want a lot of hoopla. So, we just kept it quiet and nice. I offered to make him a dinner of his choice, but all he wanted was to order pizza. We shared dinner with some friends, had cake, and Daniel opened his 2 gifts (a blue iPod shuffle and matching headphones). Tristan, Alicia, and Adelaide all made him cards and Tristan drew a portrait of Daniel (photographed below). It was all very sweet and nice. Daniel got everything that he wanted! Friday night we went to a surprise 30th birthday party for one of his co-workers and when they found out that Daniel's birthday was the next day, they re-lit the candles to sing to him and another guy whose birthday is on the 17th. Daniel was beet red the whole time...it's just not his thing. So instead of subjecting him to total discomfort, I decided to be respectful and do his 30th the way he would want it done....I probably won't be as nice when it comes time for his 40th!!!!!


2 comments:
Happy Bithday Daniel!
Happy Birthday, Daniel! Zak turned 30 on February 7th and I'm turning 30 on October 13th. See -- it's the cool thing to do!
BTW, I love Tristan's portrait of Daniel -- what a great artist!
Post a Comment