CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Snow Day

I thought I'd post a picture of our latest snow. It doesn't nearly compete with Cari's last snow, but school was still called off for Tristan and Alicia!!!! This all happened last Wednesday, so I'm a little behind, but I've been sick for the past week and a half, so cut me some slack! It was actually really great to have Tristan and Alicia home, because I was feeling particularly awful that day, so I stayed in bed while they entertained Adelaide. It was wonderful.
As you can see, our snow is actually a light dusting that obviously didn't even stick to the roads. But if there is ANY possibility of ice ANYWHERE in the county, school is called off. I chuckle when I think of my school days in Calgary, Alberta. School was NEVER called off...even when there was ice and many feet of snow. My older brother and sister and I had to walk to school (up hill both ways...I'm not kidding) no matter what the weather was like. I was only in kindergarden and 1st grade, so I had short legs and couldn't walk as fast as my brother and sister, so I was often yelled at to "hurry up" all the way to school. We had to go back home for lunch, so this process occured 4 times a day. When we got to school, they'd make us take our boots off at the front door and spend the day walking around in our stocking feet if we didn't bring shoes to change into. Ahhh, such fond memories....


Needless to say, it's a little different here in the south!!!!

1 comments:

KYLE and NATALIE KOESTER said...

Well that snow doesn't quite compare to the snow in Michigan, but it is always fun to get some to play in and have an excuse not to go to school.