CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 03, 2007

My Poem

Adelaide got a cold last week, and kindly passed it on to me. Her and I stayed home from church yesterday and then I spent most of the day reading in bed. Tristan came to check on me a few times to ask how I was feeling and if he could get me anything. About mid-afternoon he came baring a homemade card. It was a cut-out snowman. On the inside it said:

I hope you feel better,
so your face don't get redder.
But that will never happen,
so keep on nappen.

I hope you feel better alright,
so have a good night.
And someday you'll be just right.

I love you and always do.
Love, Tristan Lonergan

It totally brightened my day and I gave him hugs and smiles and said thank-you and gushed over him for a few minutes. After all that, he says, "Mom, can I watch a movie?" That boy knows how to swoon...look out ladies becuase I'm afraid he'll be quite the ladies man....but for now, so long as I'm the only lady in his life he's swooning, I'm just fine with it!!!

4 comments:

GUENTHERS said...

How sweet! It almost sounds like a future song. Hope you guys are feeling better. We've got the same thing in our house. Lots of sneezes and drippage.

Cardalls said...

Seth and I are so impressed that an 11-year-old BOY can write something so sweet to his mom. It melts my heart.

Sarah said...

That is really sweet! What a good kid.

Megan said...

That poem about made me want to cry. Tristan is so sweet. I agree the girls better watch out! He is going to be a real romantic!