CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Our Future Herpetologist

A few days ago Daniel's "dream" book came in the mail....The Completely Illustrated ATLAS of Reptiles and Amphibians for the Terraruim. Supposedly he's been eyeing this book for quite some time and finally found a deal on-line....Hallelujah!!!!! It is certainly everyone person's dream to own this book, isn't it? So don't anyone be jealous!

Seriously, it is a really neat book with awesome pictures. Adelaide and Tristan have especially taken interest in it. I've seen Tristan thumb through it when he has a few spare minutes and Adelaide loves to look at it ALL the time. Last night Daniel and Tristan were reading from it while sitting on the couch. I was cleaning up the kitchen when Adelaide came in jibber-jabbering about something. Finally, I told her to, "show me." So she took me by the hand and led me to the couch...sat down next to Daniel, then gave me the "come here" hand signal...then patted the couch next to her as if to say, "Sit down, mom and have a look at this really cool book!" So that's what we did for a few minutes before bathtime.

This morning, I found Addi on top of Daniel's desk (where the said book was left) thumbing through the pages. I helped her move the book to the couch, and we sat looking at pictures for a very long time. For any of you who know Adelaide, you know she has a very short attention span and is ALWAYS on the go. I have finally found what slows her down.....The Completely Illustrated ATLAS of Reptiles and Amphibians for the Terraruim........go figure. Maybe we have a future herpetologist on our hands!!!???

2 comments:

Cardalls said...

I'm sure Daniel is so proud. She sure looks cute reading that book that is bigger than she is.

Megan said...

This is too cute! Maybe I should check this book out for my boys they are always on the go!