Yesterday, we went to Brunch with Santa sponsored by the spousal support group at Vanderbilt. He wasn't as natural looking as the Santa we got a picture with last year, but he was friendly. Addi and Alicia had a good time talking to him and telling him what they wanted for Christmas. Tristan was a good sport and got in the picture, but he was NOT going to sit on Santa's lap.
Today, a Baptist church up in Nashville was putting on a "Walk thru Old Bethlehem." They had Roman guards, animals, sacraficial animals, tax collectors, a census (a card with how many people were in your group and what church you belonged to), a synagogue, a booth to make rag dolls, carpenters, a wine press, tent maker, basket maker, olive press, and a potter. It was incredibly crowded...which I would imagine was just like Bethlehem considering there was no room at any of the Inns. After you walk thru, you end up outside where they had the stable with the scene of the Nativity (a red-headed Mary and baby Jesus were interesting). All of the workers were VERY much in character which made it even more fun. All of the signs were written in Hebrew...you could tell they made every attempt to make it seem very real...it was really impressive. Supposedly this church has been putting this on for almost 30 years. It was really well done and we all enjoyed it!

Adelaide was very unsure about this Roman guard.

Alicia in her own Roman Chariot...a dream come true, I'm sure.

This guy was trying to trade his nasty smelling fish for a guy's "image taker" (video camera). Unfortunately, they weren't able to work out a deal...imagine that. All of the booth workers were hagglers....

Addi and I in front of the carpenter shop.



1 comments:
I heard about the Walk Through Bethlehem but we didn't end up going because we had company in town but now I wish we did. It looks amazing. I love anything where people get dressed up and put effort into it! It looks like so much fun. If they have been doing it for thirty years I'm sure it will be around next year!
Post a Comment