CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2007

New Additions

We've had a few new additions to the Lonergan family in the past couple of weeks. First, our friends who live on 20 acres had adopted a kitten that wasn't doing very well. She had gotten attacked by a racoon or something during the night one night, and they were just worried that she wouldn't survive. So, our hearts melted for this little kitten and we ended up bringing her home. Daniel and I are both allergic to cats, so she has to be an outdoor cat. We let her sleep in the garage at night, but she stays outside in the yard all day. She loves to climb trees and has even gotten herself stuck a few times. The kids all really like her and are always so concerned about her. I constantly have to remind them that she is an "outdoor" cat. Adelaide especially loves to hold her and play with her, and surprisingly enough, Nala (our kitten) tolerates Addi very well. Nala loves to torment Perci (our rat terrier) by coming inside the backyard, letting Perci chase her, but then running under the fence and sitting there just out of Perci's reach. Nala has quite the personality.

The second addition is a little green snake. A guy we go to church with is HUGE into reptiles. He has 30 or so and he even breeds his own crickets! He found this little green snake in his backyard and gave it to Daniel. So naturally, Daniel can't just keep him in a little cage...he decided to get down one of his BIG cages we'd been keeping in the attic and make an arboretum out of it to put in the front entrance. It actually looks pretty good, but it is kind of ridiculous that the only thing in there is a green snake the diameter of my pinkie finger and 12 inches long.



And lastly, when Daniel took the kids to Kentucky Down Under this weekend, he ended up getting sold on an Australian Blue-Tongue Skink....and his tongue really is blue. He's an interesting lizard....as far as lizards go, I guess. He kind of slithers when he walks. His body kind of esses around and he doesn't use his back legs much.

Anyway. So I think we aren't going to leave the house for a while. I'm starting to feel like everytime we go out we come home with a new pet.

Addi holding Nala

The Arboretum in the front entrance.

1 comments:

Cardalls said...

I love the pictures of your new pets. It's so fun at your house! Lily talks about your snakes, so I'm glad you have one again.