CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2007

Kentucky Down Under

On Saturday, Daniel and I decided that he would spend the whole day with the kids without me getting in the way. So, he took everyone to soccer, and then left directly from there to Kentucky Down Under (an Australian themed zoo about 1 1/2 hours North). He met up with a few families we go to church with up there, and I guess they had a great time! They saw lots of snakes, lizards, kangaroos (Tristan thought it was cool to see the baby kangaroo in the mama kangaroo's pouch), goats, and they even got to walk through some caves. The kids loved all of it and enjoyed telling me all about it over dinner. Daniel thought it was great and made him feel like he was back in Australia (not really). He was just excited because he came home with a new pet (see blog below)!

I, of course, enjoyed my day of solitude! I went to a Vanderbilt lunchoen for the wives and significant others, hung out at home for a little while, then took myself to the newest Harry Potter movie where I bought myself a soda, skittles and popcorn! After that, we all ended up pulling into the driveway at the same time. Everyone was happy!


(Tristan in the caves)
(Alicia petting a kangaroo)


(Adelaide feeding the goats)

1 comments:

Cardalls said...

I'm surprised Daniel didn't come home with a kangaroo, too.