CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Snow Day

I got a call from the school at 6am this morning saying that school would start 2 hours late because of the weather. I looked outside and found about 1/2 inch of powder stuck to the porch. The snow didn't seem to stick too many other places. So, when I got a call at 8am saying that school had, in fact, been cancelled....I found it highly ridiculous! I guess since it rarely snows here, people just don't know what to do! I thought all of you up North would get a kick out of that! Southerners...just can't handle the slightest bit of snow!




(When I took this pic at 9am, most of the snow had already melted, but obviously there wasn't much to begin with if it was mostly melted at 9am!)



Tristan went outside and managed to make one snowball. When he came to show it to me, I said, "Oh, cool! Can I see it?" And then I threw it at him. He figured I'd do that, so he just laughed. He knows me pretty well.

Alicia and I worked on her spelling words this morning. Sometimes she has a hard time focusing, so I found her "thinking cap" and put it on. She thought the whole thing was great! And it even helped!

Adelaide has cut four teeth since Christmas, so has been an off and on crab, has had various diaper rashes, and a long term runny nose. But, like her cousin Ryan, she loves to pull everything out of the cupboards and climb in. She doesn't like the door to shut, though. She has gotten pretty good about helping to clean up. She also likes to help by shutting doors, throwing away her diaper, and putting her dirty clothes in the laundry basket. She also has discovered how to climb in the bath tub. I was running the water for her bath and turned around to get a wash cloth out of the cupboard, and when I turned back around she was sitting in the bath fully clothed, including her shoes. She gave me the "something isn't right about this" look. So now I don't start her water until she is undressed and ready to get in!

Daniel started Pediatric Surgery today. He has to be at the hospital at 4am, so has to be up by 2:45. He was less than impressed by that. So he will be very busy again this month. As far as I'm concerned, June can't get here soon enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The amount of snow needed for a snow day in Tennessee is quite pathetic! I love the stories and photos of the kids. Lily loves looking at the pictures. We sure miss you!

The Taylors said...

That is hilarious about the snow! I am sure they wouldn't shut anything down up here if we had 20 inches of snow!

Karen said...

Brad and I laughed for hours when we saw the picture of the the snow!!