CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 19, 2007

Food Storage

One of our goals for this year was to get a food storage supply going. We'd had a shabby 2-3 month supply, but I'd felt really impressed that we needed to at least get a solid 6 month supply. So Daniel made a trip to the Bishop's Storehouse, and then we bought 2 and 5 gallon buckets on the internet, and packed them up with dry ice. It took about 1 whole day to get it all packed up, but we have got almost everything we need for a 6 month supply. Adelaide thought it was great fun just to sit on top of the buckets. I've never seen her so easily entertained...normally she's go, go, go! But she was just content to sit and watch. We also got a couple of those big 55 gal. drums for water. I feel so domestic! Now we need to learn to cook with it so that we can rotate it through!

0 comments: