CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 26, 2007

Go BYU Baseball!

Last week we enjoyed a visit from my sister, Cari, and her 2 kids. Tristan spent his days after school in the backyard with both Lily and Adelaide. Lily and Adelaide also got to "swim" together everynight in the bath tub. We also got to take them on a visit to a park nearby where they enjoyed swinging together. Lily would constantly try to get Addi to follow her, so she'd say, "Come on. Come on Addi, come on." We also got really good at singing the Bob the Builder song, "Bob the Builder. Can we fix it? Bob the Builder. YES WE CAN!" You can see pictures of that little visit on Cari's blog....I never seemed to have my camera out at the right time.Over the weekend, we traveled down to Memphis to see my younger (I used to say little, but he is about twice my size, so that word doesn't work anymore) brother play with the BYU Cougar baseball team. They played against the University of Missouri Tigers, and won 4-1 in extra innings. We were tickled pink when Wes was put in during the 10th inning. The kids really adore Wes so they enjoyed watching him play. Wes is the 2nd string catcher for BYU and is sooooo incredibly busy. Just about everytime I try to call, I get his voicemail, and then it is a game of phone tag before I actually get to talk to him. He was even really busy in Memphis! The team put on a family fireside for the Memphis Stake on Friday night, so the kids and I went to that, but Wes had to sit with the team. Wes was able to ride in our car back to the hotel, where I put the kiddies to bed and then cut his hair. The game on Saturday morning was called off because of thunderstorms, but they had a short practice. Wes was able to take Tristan and Alicia to breakfast before he had to go to that. After the practice we ate with him and the team at a buffet, then said our goodbyes. In total, we probably didn't spend more than a couple of hours with him in 2 days, but that's collegiate sports I suppose!!!! It was really great to see him this weekend, but it made me realize how much I really miss him and miss being able to watch him play baseball on a regular basis.

0 comments: