
So the kids had Friday off school as well because it snowed some more. This time at least there was visible snow on the ground, but still pathetic that school was called off. Supposedly the district builds in 13 snow days, so I guess that is why they are so liberal with calling school off. If there is any chance of ANY ice on any road in the county, they call off school. Since there are lots of rural roads, I guess they just don't take any chances. Whatever!
The kids really enjoyed playing in the snow. Tristan and Alicia had a snow ball fight; which Adelaide thought was great fun to watch. Surprisingly enough, I think Alicia hit Tristan with more snowballs than Tristan hit Alicia with. It was pretty good entertainment.
Adelaide enjoyed her first experience with snow. She wasn't
quite sure about touching it, but she enjoyed walking in it and watching Tristan and Alicia play in it. She'd get really mad when she'd trip or loose her balance and fall into the snow, and even more mad when I tried to put mittens on her hands. The last week or so she has been so stir crazy in the house. She brings me her shoes all the time, then points to the closet where her coat is and then goes to the patio door and bangs on it. When I don't respond quick enough, she just climbs out the dog door. It surprises me how much she wants to be outside, but I remember my niece, Lily, starting to love being outside at about this age as well.
quite sure about touching it, but she enjoyed walking in it and watching Tristan and Alicia play in it. She'd get really mad when she'd trip or loose her balance and fall into the snow, and even more mad when I tried to put mittens on her hands. The last week or so she has been so stir crazy in the house. She brings me her shoes all the time, then points to the closet where her coat is and then goes to the patio door and bangs on it. When I don't respond quick enough, she just climbs out the dog door. It surprises me how much she wants to be outside, but I remember my niece, Lily, starting to love being outside at about this age as well.Well, stayed tuned, because the word on the street is that there is more snow coming on Sunday night, so we may have "Snow Day Part 3" on Monday!

0 comments:
Post a Comment