Monday night we carved our pumpkins for Family Night. We all had a good time separating the seeds from the guts so I could roast the seeds...just like my mom used to do when I was a kid. Then she would put them in my lunch. My friends thought it was gross, but I LOVED it! Daniel had carved a little pumpkin with Alicia last year at a school activity, but it was Tristan's first time. Can you imagine being 10 years old and never carving a pumpkin? He was a little weary of sticking his hand inside to pull out the guts, but Daniel reminded him that we have soap, so don't be afraid to get a little dirty. I thought they both did an excellent job. Adelaide and I carved a pumpking together. Adelaide mainly "cheered" me on from her high chair (more like screamed at me because she wanted to play in the guts, but I wouldn't let her since she'd just put it in her mouth...gross).
Daniel was on call Halloween night, so I took the kids Trick-or-Treating in the neighborhood. We only did 2 small blocks, but it took 2 hours since the houses are spread so far apart and it is quite a hike just to get to the front door. The kids were exhausted, and Alicia was having a hard time carrying her pillowcase since it was so heavy. They got a ton of candy...especially considering we only went 2 blocks, and it was GOOD candy. I was surprised Adelaide stayed in her stroller for so long. I took her out about half way and gave her a little break, but she did really well.

Tristan decided he didn't want to go out as Darth Vader, so we used a baseball costume (compliments of my mom, of course) instead. When I started stuffing the inside so he was round, he became highly concerned that he would look fat. What 10 year old boy is worried about looking fat? I laughed at him and told him I'd never seen a flat baseball...so he would have to deal with being round for one night. He is so funny! He actually even got a few comments on his Cardinals hat! I was highly impressed!


0 comments:
Post a Comment