
This past weekend the kids had "Fall Break" at school, so we took a little road trip to St. Louis. We stayed with Cari and pretty much turned her basement into a dormatory. Luke is a wonderful baby, and very handsome. Tristan and Alicia really had a good time playing with Lily, so they kept her pretty well entertained so Cari could take care of Luke.
It was nice to be able to go back and see many of our friends. I think Tristan especially enjoyed it because he's never moved away from somewhere and then had the opportunity to go back and visit. So this was a new and exciting thing for him. He really liked going back to our old ward at church. After church he said to me, "everyone said they were real happy to see us." I responded with, "yeah, it feels nice to be missed, doesn't it." And he agreed. That is when it hit me that he probably has never had that kind of feeling before. He has always been told when he's coming and going, and then expected to just start life all over again...not exactly the way a kid should live his life.
Tristan was also happy to spend time with his best friend, Tyler, who apparently is going to be his roommate in college, and they are going to "invent stuff" together. I told Tristan that sounded dangerous!
Alicia also got to spend time with some of her friends. She also got to come with me to the salon while I got my hair done. She sat so quietly and just watched and worked on a workbook she brought along. I was highly impressed since it was only a year ago I had to pick her up and carry her out of the salon I worked at kicking and screaming. She has matured and grown up so much.
Adelaide continues to do well. She took her first official steps on Friday while we were at Cari's. The most she has taken so far is 4 steps, and then she sits down, smiles really big, and claps her hands. She is very entertaining and such a happy baby.
I really enjoyed going back to St. Louis, but it made me really miss it. I really miss my friends....that is probably what I miss the most about St. Louis. Well, we are safely home and getting right back into our routine, so things are good!

1 comments:
We loved seeing you too! I wish I could have visited with you more. Grace and Camille were very disappointed that they couldn't "play" with Alicia. You all looked great and it felt so normal to have you at church, but then it made me miss having you there! Moving is so hard!!!
Take Care! Judi:)
Post a Comment