CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Count 'em

This morning Adelaide was at the front door watching Tristan and Alicia at the bus stop while I was doing some things on the computer. After the bus came, I thought she crawled into the living room to play with her toys. When I was finished on the computer I went to see what she was up to, only she wasn't in the living room. I could hear her little voice, but couldn't figure out where she was. I looked in all of her favorite places, but to no avail. It was then that I just stopped moving to really tune in to where her voice was coming from. Low and behold, I found her upstairs in her room looking at books. She gave me the most proud little grin when I walked into the room. I just started laughing, yet I was so grateful that she was able to crawl up 15 stairs by herself without incident, especially considering we've only practiced a few times. She is starting to do so many new things and growing up so fast!

Also, the other night Daniel and I were talking, (after a fairly rough day I had being a mom) and he reminded me how lucky we are to have 3 kids who get along so well, and love each other so much. Tristan and Alicia are constantly looking out for each other. I rarely hear them bickering and I even more rarely do I have to act as a referee. Tristan shows Alicia things all the time. In fact, it was him who "coached" her all summer on her soccer skills, which has helped her be a great player. In return Alicia tries to do anything she can to help him out...clean up after him, take his clean towels upstairs for him, hold doors open, etc. There is no question how much Adelaide adores them both, and they are so kind and patient with her. I've never heard either of them get cross with her, even when she gets into their things, pulls their hair, or pinches their faces. And when she's screaming, and I've had enough, either Tristan or Alicia normally come and take her into the other room to play, and they will have her entertained for the next hour or so. I've got great kids, and I'm so lucky. Like I said, this conversation spurred after a particularily hard day, but those are the days we all need to remember to not sweat the small stuff, and to just count our blessings......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it was, but reading your blog made me cry. Maybe I'm just having an emotional day, but I'm so happy to have families. You do have wonderful kids Katie, but you're also a great mom!
Mari

Anonymous said...

Katie what you two did in adopting these two was such a wonderful thing. Please whenever things get rough remember what you just said. These blessings don't come often. You really are a very fortunate young couple that have taken on more than most people do and I am very proud of you, it is also avery good testimony to your parents. Katie I love all of you. Opa.
ps. I endorse evrything Mari aid.